Idealvent: Integrated Design of Optimal Ventilation Systems for Low Cabin and Ramp Noise
IDEALVENT is a Level 1 Collaborative Project managed by the von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics.
It contributes to the greening of air transport through innovative noise modelling and reduction technologies, addressing principally two Topics of the call FP7-AAT-2012-RTD-1 under the Activity 7.1.3. Ensuring customer satisfaction and safety and the Activity 7.1.1. The greening of air transport: AAT.2012.3.1-2. Noise and vibration (Area 22.214.171.124. Passenger friendly cabin), and AAT.2012.1.3-2. Airports (Area 126.96.36.199. Green air transport operations).
The project is aimed at achieving the next stepwise reduction of aircraft cabin and ramp noise, which are two important objectives of the Work Programme 2012 for aeronautics.
The consortium regroups 10 research institutes, universities and companies, among them:
- VKI - von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics, Belgium
- DLR - Forschungszentrum der Bundesrepublik Deutschland für Luft- und Raumfahrt, Germany
- KTH - Kungliga Tekniska Hoegskolan, Sweden
- KUL - Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- ECL - Ecole Centrale de Lyon, France
- LMS - LMS International nv, Belgium
- SNT - Odecon Sweden AB, Sweden
- LTS - Liebherr Aerospace toulouse sas, France
- NTS - New Technologies and services LLC, Russian Federation
- EMB - Embraer S.A